Getting There is Half the Fun.
In the 1950s, Cunard Line used that phrase to market trans-Atlantic ocean liner voyages.
I find that it captures, more than anything, my personal spirit of adventure.
These pages detail those adventures by all modes and methods.
Part of my goal here is to create a site that harkens back to an earlier, simpler time on the Internet, where quality, personal, focused in-depth writing reigned supreme over flashy design and social media feeds. I’m fully vested in the technological skills of the 21st century, but I still find that I tend to get the most excited when I find a website from another time more focused on substance and content than style. The simplicity of this site is a very conscious design decision; I design websites for a living which look much flashier. I feel that something has been lost in digital storytelling of late, and I hope this “retro” platform will help regain some of it.
Please enjoy the site, and feel free to drop me a line!
- Bringing Home Butler: My New 1994 Range Rover Classic County LWB
- Project ReSpenny: Day 2
- Project ReSpenny: Day 1
- Project ReSpenny: The Plan
- Mother Country Trail 2018, Day T-30: Sealing the Deal, Part 1
- Mother Country Trail 2018, Day T-31: I Think I Can
- Mother Country Trail 2018, Day T-36: Out-Putting
- Mother Country Trail 2018, Day T-39: Unplugged
- Mother Country Trail 2018, Day T-45: A Transfer of Goals
- Mother Country Trail 2018, Day T-53: Rust Gets in Your Eyes
Index of Adventures
April/May 2018: The Mother Country Trail
September 2017: Adventures with Nugget in Search of Oregon
June 2017: Ottawa Valley Land Rovers 34th Annual Birthday Party
April 2017: mendo_recce Land Rover Joe Lucas Not-a-Rallye XXIII
September 2014: “Vermontaneous”